In response to the legislative amendments specific to South Australia the Mandated notifiers program was updated in early 2006 and renamed Child-Safe Environments – Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect. The aim of this accredited training is to understand role and responsibility as a Mandated Notifier to meet compliance under this South Australian Legislation.
9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Role and responsibilities of a Mandated Notifier
- Legal definitions of child abuse and neglect.
- When, who and how to notify CARL
- Child-Safe environments Principles of good practice
- Child-Safe environment compliance requirement to conduct criminal history assessments
- Documentation and Record Management
Who Should Attend
Children and young people have a right to be safe and protected at all times, including when accessing services in the community. The Children’s Protection Act 1993 requires certain organisations to provide a child safe environment. The types of organisations include: health, welfare, education, sporting, recreational, religious, spiritual, childcare, residential, cultural, entertainment and party.
Will be provided during the training
Minimum of 8 and Maximum of 16 participants
This is course has validity of 3 years.
Must attend a 3-hour refresher course every 3 years.
Yes, this is state-wide accredited course in South Australia.