Why is Career Counselling Important?
Before we enrol you in a qualification, we like to know you and your professional priorities so that we can offer you the most suitable qualification and if necessary, make adjustments to the Course and delivery to suit your personal needs. Throughout the course, you will have the support of industry experts and highly-skilled trainers who will guide you at each step and prepare you for the job role and the industry.
Aged and Disability Carers provide general household assistance, emotional support, care and companionship for aged and disabled persons in their own homes. A Certificate III, or at least 1 year of relevant experience, is usually needed to work in this job. Around three in five workers have a Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualification. Sometimes experience or on-the-job training is needed in addition to a qualification.
What are the job prospects in aged care ?
This is a very large occupation employing 140,400 workers. Over the past 5 years the number of jobs has grown strongly.
Very strong growth is expected in the future. New jobs and turnover from workers leaving may create more than 60,000 job openings over the 5 years to 2022.
- Aged and Disabled Carers work in most parts of Australia.
- They nearly all work in Health Care and Social Assistance.
- Part-time work is very common. Full-time workers, on average, work 35.1 hours per week (compared to the all jobs average of 40 hours).
- Average earnings for full-time workers are around $900 per week (lower than the all jobs average of $1,230). Earnings tend to be lower when starting out and higher as experience grows.
- The workforce is fairly mature. The average age is 47 years (compared to the all jobs average of 40 years) and around 6 in 10 workers are aged 45 years or older.
- Around 8 in 10 workers are female.
- In 2016, the unemployment rate was below average.
What jobs can you get after doing our aged care courses?
- Ageing/Disability Services Coordinator
- Nurse’s Aide
- Allied Health Assistant
- Community Access Coordinator
- Aged Care Worker
- Planned activity assistant
- Aged Care Support Assistant
- Accommodation Support Worker
- Assistant Activity Group
- Coordinator Care Service Employee
- Assistant in Nursing
- Community care worker
- Care Worker Disability
- Service Officer
- Community Care Worker
- Care assistant
- Home Care Assistant
- Client Assistant
- Residential Care Worker
- Community House Worker
- Residential Support Worker
- Senior Personal Care Assistant
- In Home Respite Worker